Empowered Yoga Teacher Training Mentorship
5 Week Program
This program will give you an opportunity to further develop what you learned during the 200-hour training, deepen your knowledge of yoga through personal study, and grow into your own authentic voice under the guidance of an experienced teacher. It will require continued self-study, reflection, and openness to feedback. We hope that this will support your journey to find your authentic voice and a deeper connection to yourself and your future students.
- Asana Practice: You are required to practice one asana class per week with your mentor, if possible.
- Observation: You will observe your mentor’s class at least two times and briefly discuss afterwards any questions that you have about the sequencing, assists, etc.
- Private Mentorship Sessions: Each week you will meet with your mentor for a 45 minute discussion session. These sessions will be structured to outline your personal goals and objectives and to discuss your progress. You may be given assignments (practices, readings, or writing) relevant to your interests.
- Practice Teaching: You will be required to teach your mentor (and any other individuals you would like to invite) a one-hour asana class, which will give you an opportunity to receive feedback from your mentor. This can be done anywhere that is available to you (park, studio, home, etc.)
- In depth posture research. You will choose one posture per week, weeks 2-5 (a total of 4) to do in-depth study on.
- Create a new (60 minute or longer) sequence each week, each with one of the above postures as your ‘peak’ posture. Mentor will give you feedback on the written sequence. Then, arrange to teach one of these sequences to your mentor and allow time for feedback.
This mentorship program is meant to be a time of growth for you as an instructor and as an individual. Think about what kind of yoga instructor you want to be and how you can get there.
If you have any questions, please contact us.