Take Your Yoga Off the Mat!
The practice of yoga has changed my life. Asana was the gateway for me. It is was my entrance to the deeper layers of this ancient practice. Maybe you can relate.
In this course I share what I have learned over the past 15 years. It is my intention to invite you into a deeper conversation about how this practice might be one of liberation in your own life through many different tools.
If you are curious to go a little deeper, I invite you to join me on a journey into the subtle body, yoga philosophy and how yoga can change your life; your relationship to yourself, your work, this planet and all beings.
This online course will give you the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice off the mat. Yoga is about making the unconscious, conscious. It is a system to remove the obstacles that might be standing in our way of liberation.
Every time you participate in this course you will learn something new about yourself and refine the skills needed to live authentically with compassion for yourself and others. You will understand a little more each time what it means to be fully alive.
10 Week Program
WEEK ONE: WHAT IS YOGA?
- How can this practice change your life.
WEEK TWO: SAMSKARAS
- What are our habits? Are they supporting our health and positively influencing the planet? Can we change them? We will use research based evidence from Behavioral Science to discuss those habits (samskaras) that we are ready to change and offer ways to begin shifting to new habits that create more sustainable joy.
WEEK THREE: KOSHAS
- There are 5 layers of the body. This week we will discuss ritual self-care practices (dinacharya) that will support our work in the world.
WEEK FOUR: KLESHAS
- Perspective and empathy. We will investigate where we might have false perception and how we can begin to see with more clarity and begin to practice reducing the amount of residue we build up in our relationships with others and the planet.
WEEK FIVE: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 1 (YAMAS)
- How we relate to the world around us. We will embody the 5 moral precepts.
WEEK SIX: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 2 (NIYAMAS)
- How we care for ourselves. Kriya Yoga as a tool for reducing residue.
WEEK SEVEN: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 3 (ASANA & PRANAYAMA)
- Movement and breath practices to help us sustain this new path.
WEEK EIGHT: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 4 (PRATYAHARA, DHYANA, DHARANA, SAMADHI)
- An introduction to a meditation practice and why it is a life changer.
WEEK 9: CHAKRAS
- The 7 major energy centers that make up the architecture of the soul.
WEEK 10: CLOSING
- Commitments for a continued path toward more sustainable joy. Why? We heal ourselves, we heal the world.
If you have any questions, please contact us.