Take Your Yoga Off the Mat!
Have you been practicing yoga for awhile? Are you curious about the deeper roots of this ancient practice? Are you ready to take your yoga beyond the mat?
This online course will give you the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice off the mat. Yoga is a method to better understand and control the mind. The asana (physical practice) helps us do this, but it is only a small part of the system.
Every time you participate in this course you will learn something new about yourself and refine the skills needed to live authentically with compassion for yourself and others. You will understand a little more each time what it means to be fully alive.
10 Week Program
WEEK ONE: WHAT IS YOGA?
- A brief history of this ancient practice and an introduction to some of the important texts.
WEEK TWO: SAMSKARAS
- What are our habits? Are they supporting our health and positively influencing the planet? Can we change them? We will use research based evidence from Positive Psychology to discuss those habits (samskaras) that we are ready to change and offer ways to begin shifting to new habits that create more sustainable joy.
WEEK THREE: KOSHAS
- There are 5 layers of the body. This week we will discuss ritual self-care practices (dinacharya) that will support our work in the world.
WEEK FOUR: KLESHAS
- Perspective and empathy. We will investigate where we might have false perception and how we can begin to see with more clarity and begin to practice reducing the amount of residue we build up in our relationships with others and the planet.
WEEK FIVE: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 1 (YAMAS)
- How we relate to the world around us. We will embody the 5 moral precepts.
WEEK SIX: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 2 (NIYAMAS)
- How we care for ourselves. Kriya Yoga as a tool for reducing residue.
WEEK SEVEN: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 3 (ASANA & PRANAYAMA)
- Movement and breath practices to help us sustain this new path.
WEEK EIGHT: 8 LIMBED PATH PART 4 (PRATYAHARA, DHYANA, DHARANA, SAMADHI)
- An introduction to a meditation practice and why it is a life changer.
WEEK 9: CHAKRAS
- The 7 major energy centers that make up the architecture of the soul.
WEEK 10: CLOSING
- Commitments for a continued path toward more sustainable joy. Why? We heal ourselves, we heal the world.
If you have any questions, please contact us.