Spring is here
Mar 22, 2021
Resilience: our ability to move through adversity and bounce back.
Spring is the ultimate metaphor for human resilience.
After a particularly long Winter it is time for renewal.
As a global community we are slowly emerging from a hibernation. In more ways than one.
Allow yourself to take it in.
As the temperatures begin to rise, let all of your senses take in the beauty of Spring.
- Smell the flowers, the fresh grass, the rain.
- Listen to the sounds of Spring; birds chirping, bees buzzing, and the gentle breeze moving through the new leaves budding on the trees.
- Look at the vibrant colors. The lavender of the Lilacs, the bright colors of the flowers blooming on bushes, trees and planters all around. Watch the animals come to life. The bunnies, squirrels, frogs.
- Feel the warmth on your skin. Take off your shoes and walk barefoot in the grass, on the sand.
- Taste the abundance of fresh, local produce now available.
Feel the energy of this season of rejuvenation.
Take a big breath in and exhale it out.
Spring is here. Just like the grass, the leaves, and the trees you, too, are resilient.
Other Blog Posts
Mar 22, 2021
Spring is the ultimate metaphor for resilience. After a particularly long Winter it is time for renewal. As a global community we are slowly emerging from a hibernation. Allow yourself to take it in.
Mar 15, 2021
Aparigraha invites us to let go of the our attachments to things, to people, to outdated beliefs and old ideas. It’s helpful to consider our relationships, our job or career, our politics, our identity. Are each of these serving our highest values? If not, what keeps us in a place of grasping?
Mar 4, 2021
When we are practicing Brahmacharya we are less likely to make impulsive decisions. We are less likely to behave in ways that are self-indulgent and more likely to make mindful decisions based on how our behavior impacts not just ourselves, but the collective.